As a small business owner, measuring the profitability of your enterprise is essential to your continued growth. One of the biggest challenges of running a business for many entrepreneurs is designing a website for maximum profitability. With just a few essentials to keep in mind, your website will be driving growth in no time.
The most important function of your website is the CTA, the all-important call to action. Every aspect of the site exists for the sole purpose of bringing visitors to a decision point, to get them to buy, sign up, click, you name it.
Designing a Profitable Website for Your Small Business
Here are 9 keys to remember for a profitable small business website.
- Does your website look good and function properly on all devices? If your site isn’t mobile- and tablet-friendly, you’re missing out on a ton of traffic. According to statista.com, as of February of 2017, nearly half of all web pages viewed globally were by mobile device users.
- Does it pass the “grandma test”? Simplicity is essential for a web browsing public on the go. Navigating your website should be a smooth and intuitive experience. Confusing clutter and minefields of ads will cost you.
- Can visitors find what they need without opting in? A common mistake among novice business website owners is withholding all useful info from potential customers until they “sign up”. It’s a counter-intuitive misconception that you will lose profits if you share too much up front. On the contrary, when visitors recognize your website as a reliable source of relevant information, they are more likely to not only return to your site, but to opt in and give you their business.
- Does your website make you look like a real business? Your website is your virtual storefront online. It should reflect your brand as well as your physical location. When visitors enter, they should feel confidence in your capacity to provide what they’re looking for.
- Is there an option for visitors to leave feedback? If you want to continually improve your website, drive more traffic, visitor feedback is an invaluable aid. This simple step delivers several critical benefits. You can use feedback to track the effectiveness of the website, and make changes accordingly. Feedback serves as a powerful reputation management tool, allowing you to address concerns and questions proactively. Also, the simple act of responding to feedback demonstrates concern for your customers. Use it to build relationships.
- Are you using conversion tracking? You absolutely, positively, need to be using Google Analytics to measure and analyze your website traffic. We cannot overemphasize the value of this free tool. With it, you will take the guesswork out of what is and isn’t getting your visitors to act. Conversion tracking tells you which keywords, ad campaigns, etc. are working, and where you can improve.
- Do you provide contact info on your website? Sounds like a no-brainer, but many small business websites lack a simple interface that visitors can use to communicate directly with the business. Your phone number and business address should appear on your home page or a separate contact us. Add a contact form that visitors can submit easily for additional info.
- Have you set up an FAQ page? Another frequently overlooked feature, your FAQ page serves you and your audience well. Provide visitors with readily available info and they’ll thank you for it. No one likes to have to dig deep for answers to basic questions, and an FAQ saves you and your website visitors a lot of time.
- Is it a “deep site”, or a cluttered all-in-one landing page? We get it, you’ve got a business to run and simplicity is a real time saver. You might even think that putting everything on one page serves the visitor too. It makes navigation easier, after all. The truth is, Google search algorithms favor websites that offer deeper content. A well-crafted website will earn more repeat visits, drive traffic and improve search results for your business.
Avoid short cuts that can short-change your business. At Cedar Park Local, our passion is to provide technical and marketing support to our Cedar Park TX neighbors, small business owners like you. We will triple the cost our service in profits for your small business guaranteed, or the next month is free. Give us a call at 512-402-4445.